Procedures Involving Learning Plans and Learning Disorder Assessment
Learning disability is a certain mental disorder that can be found in both children and in adults. The problem in kids are suspected when they struggle to learn the lessons taught in school and find very difficult to understand or remember them, which their classmates can do easily. Even an adult may develop this problem and find very tough to manage their educational, financial and career-related matters, which may not seem to be difficult for others. Hence, these people need to be checked by professionals, who are highly experienced in dealing with learning plans and learning disorder assessment.
Screening Process Adopted for Learning Disorder Assessment
Normally, this learning disorder assessment is done to know about the limitations of the affected person in learning new things and handling the things already learnt by them. Though the nature of this assessment varies from person to person, the individual or agency who conducts this process, there are some common methods adopted by all assessors for learning plans and learning disorder assessment.
1. Firstly, an informal interview is taken with the patient, which is usually an eligibility test in case of a school-going child.
2. The screening also involves a short methodical test for estimating the career and personal interests of that person, as well as the minute review of his past medical reports, the records in his academic and work fields so far.
3. The children are mostly referred for a neurological test, to be sure whether the affected child has got no other physical or mental disorder that may not be diagnosed till date.
4. The level of intelligence is evaluated from the achievements of the affected person and through some formal testing procedures. In case of a child, his physical and mental developments, his social and academic performances are judged carefully to diagnose the type of learning disorder in him.
5. The family history of the affected child is also checked to see if anyone else in the family had this disorder before. His psychological state is thoroughly examined as well to find out the real reason of this learning disorder.
6. After the correct assessment of the type and level of learning disorder, the experienced professional may recommend some tips to be followed in school or in the workplace, as well as in daily life to live a normal life again.
How to Identify Professionals Who Can Assess and Rectify Learning Disorders
Usually, this important learning disorder assessment can be done only by well trained and greatly experienced professional people, who mostly work as a team. The specialists of several related fields, such as the psychologists, experts in special education, speech language pathologists and reading specialists form this kind of learning disability assessment team.
• These learning plans and learning disorder assessment experts need to be duly certified in their specific fields and should have some experience of dealing with the children or the adults suffering from learning disorder problem.
• These learning plans and learning disorder assessment professionals need to have sufficient knowledge about the local rules, regarding the services and the various types of resources available in that locality.
• In case of adult patients, the learning plans and learning disorder assessment professionals should be able to direct them about their legal rights, social responsibilities, strategies to achieve the goals of their life, so that they can be accommodated nicely in their family and career.
• In case of affected kids, it is necessary to prepare learning plans to improve the learning capability of these children, and also cure the speech disorders through well planned language therapy and the betterment of their understanding power, so that they can read and write like other normal children of their age.