Here is How You Can Lose 2 KG in Two Months Sans Exercise.
Exercise is the key to most weight loss plans and the traditional myth is that it is impossible to lose unwanted weight without exercise.
That is true in most cases. By following an exercise routine along with a healthy diet – you not only lose the unwanted weight but also improve your overall health and increase energy levels.
But what if you hate exercising or are unable to partake in physical activity due to health reasons. Or maybe you don’t have the time to hit the gym or go to the neighborhood park for a jog?
What can you do?
Obviously you can’t stay overweight forever?
Being overweight is not only unappealing but also the culprit behind many health conditions including diabetes, heart problems, blood pressure, arthritis, and even dementia.
But I can show you how to lose 2 kgs in two months. And yes, it’s possible.
Although, exercise will make your weight loss journey shorter, there is a way to achieve your desired weight loss goals without it.
Just follow the tips below and be well on your way to achieve your dream body.
Eat a Balanced Diet:
Our diet plays an important role when we want to lose weight. Those who have a habit of eating junk food frequently along with sugary items, and carbonated drinks are at a higher risk of being overweight.
The food choices that we make also have a direct impact on our overall health including cognitive function. This is why it is necessary to eat a balanced diet that contains all the five essential food groups.
Ideally, Our Daily Meal should Consist of:
- Fruits and vegetables; because they aren’t only low on calories but also full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber that improve overall health. To lose weight, make sure ½ of your meal contains fruits and vegetables.
- Sources of lean protein such as poultry, eggs, fish, dairy products, legumes, and tofu will keep you satisfied longer and curb cravings. 3-4 oz. of protein should be included with all meals.
- 100% whole grains such as whole wheat pasta or bread, quinoa, oats, brown rice, and millet. Servings should be limited to ½ cup or 1 oz. per meal.
Opt for Healthier Cooking Techniques:
When preparing meals, don’t use a lot of oil, butter, margarine, or high-fat sauces during cooking or garnishing.
- Preferably use cooking methods such as grilling, baking, roasting, and poaching/boiling. And of course, completely avoid deep fried foods.
- Use olive oil or canola oil for cooking. These oils are not only healthy but also full of antioxidants and are known as the best foods for brain health.
Don’t Skip Meals:
Many people on a diet prefer to skip meals, especially breakfast. However, this not only leads to inappropriate binging, increases weight but also makes you unproductive throughout the day.
It is also doable to have healthy snacks between meals. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you go all out and eat a full bag of chips. Instead, go for:
- Vegetable snacks
- Hardboiled eggs
- Mixed nuts
Drinking sufficient amount of water is also important for your weight loss journey. Many times, thirst can be mistaken for hunger which leads to binge eating and weight gain.
- Fluids that count toward your daily count include: plain water, sugar-free flavored water. Coffee and tea (without cream and sugar), and most importantly herbal green tea because they are known to help in weight reduction.
- Drinks to avoid include: sodas, sports drink, juices, sweetened coffee and teas.
- Alcohol consumption should also be limited/stopped to achieve weight loss. At the most, women should drink one glass or less daily while men should limit to two or less glasses daily.
Keep Track of your Weight:
Monitor your progress by keeping a check on your weight regularly. Ideally it is advised to weigh yourself once a week. It is also suggested to weigh at the same time every day, in the same clothes.
Get Adequate Sleep:
Getting seven to nine hours of sleep is necessary for sound health. Surprisingly, being short on sleep can also impact your weight. When you are tired and have not gotten enough sleep, you are more likely to skip cooking and order takeout or perhaps you will opt for a large latte to cover up your sleep deprivation.
- Go to sleep early.
- Make sure to turn off all gadgets such as TV, mobile, laptops, and tablets an hour or two before bedtime. Preferably, remove them from your room.
- Practice good sleep hygiene by going to sleep at the same time every day, drinking a glass of warm milk before bedtime, and balancing the light, noise, and temperature in the room.
Increase Baseline Physical Activity:
If you don’t like working out and sweating it in the gym – no problem! However, this means you need to increase your baseline physical activities. These activities include the ones you regularly do; such as walking up the stairs or walking towards your car.
In fact, it is a good idea to increase these activities by parking your car farther away from the building, using the stairs instead of the elevator, and standing or walking around during short breaks.
- Be more active by going for a swim, bicycling, or play ball at the nearby park.
- Engage in more social gatherings which make you physically active too.
These were just some of the tips to get you started on a healthy weight loss journey. Always remember, fast weight loss is not healthy and it is not advised to go for products that promise rapid decrease in weight. These products are not only harmful but also do not bring lasting results.
So be patient with your weight loss journey. With slow and steady progress, you are sure to achieve long-term results.